What We Do
The educational experience of students at Prairie Vista is greatly enhanced by the work of the Prairie Vista Parent Teacher Organization. The PTO helps our Prairie Vista learning community thrive by supporting the education of our students, sponsoring events that strengthen the school community, and offering programs to enrich our children.
Some of the many highlights of PTO activity include:
- Advancing the arts by funding an art instructor for the school, the Art Smart program, and the 2nd and 5th grade plays
- Purchasing a classroom set of tablet computers for school-wide use and a new kiln for the art room
- Fostering literacy by providing magazine subscriptions for each student and new books for the library
- Encouraging scientific exploration by coordinating the Learningsphere program and sponsoring science events
- Promoting outdoor education by underwriting 5th grade camp and Field Day
- Coordinating P.V.U., the after-school enrichment program offering kids the opportunity to engage in courses like sculpting, engineering, yoga, publishing, dance, and more
- Supporting the great work of the P.V. staff with grants to buy classroom supplies
- Beautifying the school grounds through community clean-up days
- Engaging local businesses in support of our school through “restaurant nights” and auction donations
- Hosting community events like the Fun Fair and Winterfest and bringing families together to build friendships
- Publishing the school directory and yearbook
- Coordinating an incredible team of volunteers to help our kids learn and grow!